Ablation Process - Black Range Minerals
In July 2015, Black Range Minerals submitted information to the department about its ablation technology and asked the department to make a determination on how this technology would be regulated under the Colorado Rules and Regulations Pertaining to Radiation Control.
The department requested additional information from Black Range in August 2015 and received a response from Black Range in April 2016.
Letter from US NRC regarding Ablation Process. October 2016
- Black Range Ablation Mining Technology White Paper. July 2015
- State request for information. August 2015
- State ablation notice. September 2015
- Black Range Response to request for information. April 2016
- This is a large portfolio. Please download to view.
- State memo on additional information from Black Range Minerals. May 2016
- Mineralogical Characterization of Two Uranium-Bearing Samples. July 2016
Background documents from the US Nuclear Regulatory Commission:
- NRC letter to Fonner. 1977
- NRC letter to state. Sept. 2015
- NRC letter to Lee Alter. March 2013
- Colorado Letter to NRC Requesting Opinion. June 2016