2021-2025 MCH Needs Assessment Resources
Potential Priority and Approaches Information Briefs
MCH team members developed these documents as resources to inform the MCH Advisory Team during the MCH needs assessment prioritization process. The briefs synthesize data and information related to importance, feasibility and impact of potential priority areas and approaches. Though developed for internal use, they are available here for reference.
- Access to care
- Behavioral and mental health
- Economic security
- Healthy eating and active living
- Racism and discrimination
- Social connectedness
The MCH Snapshot contains a range of state overview data related to MCH issues and was first created for the last MCH Needs Assessment. It's now been updated with more current data covering the following topics: geography; population & demographics; economy; education; social factors; and insurance, utilization & medical home.
Data Briefs for the 2020 Needs Assessment
- Mental Health Among Children and Youth.
- Infant Mortality in Colorado.
- Early Childhood Obesity in Colorado.
- Childhood Obesity Facts for Action.
- Pregnancy-Related Depression and Anxiety in Colorado.
- Substance Use Among Women of Reproductive Age in Colorado.
- Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs in Colorado.
- Nulliparous Term Singleton Vertex Cesarean Births in Colorado.