Phase 3: Informal or Ad Hoc QI
According to NACCHO's Roadmap to a Culture of Quality Improvement, in Phase 3:
- Executive leaders value QI but expectations are not consistently communicated to staff.
- Basic QI trainings/resources are available and QI champions exist but opportunities for QI are limited.
- A limited number of staff are performing QI and there is a QI council but a QI plan may not be adopted.
- Data is collected and monitored but not routinely applied in decision making processes.
- A small number of processes are being improved through discrete QI projects but may take excessive time to complete.
Additional Roadmap characteristics and strategies of Phase 3