Phase 2: Not involved with QI activities
According to NACCHO's Roadmap to a culture of Quality Improvement, in Phase 2:
- Leaders and some staff begin to have a high level understanding of QI.
- A select number of leaders and staff have received QI training, however they lack the knowledge, sills, and ability to implement QI.
- A QI council may exist but is still not fully functional.
- Staff are resistant to QI out of fear of punishment and their lack of QI skills.
- Performance data may not be collected or utilized.
- Teams are rarely or never formed for the purposes of problem solving or innovation and issues remain unaddressed.
Additional Roadmap characteristics and strategies of Phase 2