Send Money to an Offender

The Colorado Department of Corrections partners with three companies – JPay ,Western Union, and GTL  – to provide convenient electronic ways to send money to inmates.  Money orders and cash sent by mail are not accepted.

There are three general ways to send money to your incarcerated friend or family member:

  1. Online with a credit or debit card
  2. Over the phone with a credit or debit card
  3. In person with cash at locations throughout the country

Money that is sent before 4:00 p.m. MT will generally be available to the offender the next day.

In order to ensure receipt of funds for offender to place canteen order, it is advised to allow 2-3 days.

Rates for sending money varies depending on the method of payment. Please compare services and prices of the providers listed below.

PLEASE NOTE, PER POLICY as outlined in Administrative Regulation 200-02 Inmate Banking: "Offenders in the custody of the DOC are not allowed to send, receive, or solicit EFTs from other offenders or relatives or visitors of other offenders in the custody of the DOC. Exceptions may be made for inmates with common immediate family members by application to the Custody/Control manager of their facilities. a. All EFTs received by offenders are subject to investigation by each facility's intelligence officer.  If the funds are determined to be used for bartering, have come from someone determined to be a relative or visitor of another offender or are deemed questionable, they will be confiscated from the offender's account and put into a holding account until a final determination can be made regarding their status.  b. Each facility's intelligence officer will determine within ten business days whether the funds will be returned to the sender, released to the offender, or held as contraband. c. All funds confiscated as contraband and/or abandoned will be forwarded to the Inmate Bank Office to be deposited to the canteen and library fund." [IV. R. 7.]

Contact the Inmate Bank at (719) 269-4271 if you have questions.