Our Veterans Employment Specialists serve our fellow veterans by providing expertise in job and training opportunities. Our partnerships with local Workforce Centers allow any veteran who has served at least one day of active duty to receive additional support with their job search. Our Employment Specialist team provides intensive services to veterans and eligible spouses facing significant barriers to employment.
All veterans receive priority in all of Colorado’s Workforce Center services, and have the opportunity to work with the highly skilled, professional Workforce Center staff to find a job that maximizes potential.
CDLE’s Veteran Employment Specialists provide one-on-one assistance to eligible veterans and spouses seeking guidance in obtaining employment. Our team is dedicated to helping you understand and align your skillsets with available opportunities across the state. Our goal is to provide you with the information necessary to make confident career choices. All of this at no cost to you.
Let us be your one-on-one career coach. As fellow veterans, we know how to help. Our specialists know firsthand what businesses are looking for in a résumé, and the questions employers are likely to ask in an interview. We’ll guide you through:
- Résumé and cover letter writing
- Interview tips and techniques
- Translating military experience to civilian responsibilities
- Identifying education, training and experience requirements
- Navigating online job boards and career fair resources
- Targeting your job search by industry, and more
Workforce Center Services
In addition to assistance from one of our specialists, be sure to take advantage of our Colorado Workforce Center Services:
- Workshops for resume preparation, interviewing techniques and job search
- Training and grant programs like on-the-job training and more
- Information on wage rates and employment trends
- Vocational guidance and career counseling
- Referrals to services within the community
- Access to phone, internet, printer, fax and copy machines
Connect with Us To Get Started
Colorado Department of Labor & Employment's Employment Representatives throughout the state provide veterans with career guidance and employment services. Additionally, our Workforce Centers offer career assistance to all individuals who are eligible for veterans’ services.
- The Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA) licenses and regulates more than 50 licensed professions and occupations in the state of Colorado and is committed to providing professional support and customer service to military personnel, including Active Duty, Reserves, National Guard, military spouses and Veterans.
- United Way Directory: Dial 211 from any phone
- O’NET OnLine: onetonline.org
- eBenefits: ebenefits.va.gov
- Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation: 303-914-5550
- Veteran Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255, chat online at VeteransCrisisLine.net, or send a text to 838255
- Free Legal Service: coloradolegalservices.org
- Veterans Resource Portal: veteransresourceportal.org
- National Resource Directory: www.NRD.gov
- Online career exploration tool: VirtualJobShadow.com