Penalty & Interest Assessment
You are assessed a $50 penalty for each quarter that your Unemployment Insurance Premiums Report is delinquent. If you are a newly subject employer, the penalty is $10 for each occurrence during the first four quarters of coverage.
If you owe delinquent premiums as of the computations date (June 30), you are assessed a delinquent – premium penalty equal to the amount of delinquent premiums or 1 percent (0.01) of the taxable payroll, whichever is less. This penalty is billed and payable in four quarterly installments.
Interest is charged at a rate of 1.5 percent (0.015) per month or any portion of a month on delinquent premiums and penalties.
Order of Payments Applied
- Unpaid Interest assessments from Federal Trust fund advances, starting with the earliest quarter in which premiums are due;
- Unpaid nonprincipal-related bond repayment assessments, starting with the earliest quarter in which premiums are due;
- Penalties owed, starting with the earliest quarter in which such penalty was incurred;
- Interest already charged, commencing with the earliest quarter in which such interest is due;
- Interest accrued on unpaid premiums as of the date of the payment, commencing with the earliest quarter in which premiums are due;
- Unpaid premiums or unpaid regular unemployment insurance benefits charged, starting with the earliest quarter in which premiums or reimbursements are due;
- Unpaid reimbursements for extended benefits charged, starting with the earliest quarter in which amounts are due.
UI Employer Services
303-318-9100 (Denver-metro area)
1-800-480-8299 (outside Denver-metro area)
P.O. Box 8789
Denver, CO 80201-8789