Pell Grant

Young teacher in classroom standing in front of class

Additional training might help you get a job. Local colleges and other training providers offer many programs that can help you improve your skills.

You may be eligible to receive financial aid through the Federal Pell Grant Program if you have not already earned a Bachelor’s Degree. Pell Grants can help to pay for your education and training costs and can be used at most colleges and technical schools. All Colorado community colleges participate in the Pell Program and their financial-aid staff can help you apply for the grant.

For financial aid information visit

If you are interested, take the following steps:

Decide what education or training will help you. You may want to visit, your local community college, or a Colorado workforce center for help in identifying education and training that will help you.

Find a Workforce Center

Apply to an education or training program and ask for financial aid. Most colleges and universities can help you to apply for a Pell Grant, scholarships, and other federal financial aid. You can get a federal financial-aid application at or by calling 1-800-4FEDAID (1-800-433-3243). You will need to report last year’s income, if you lost your job, the school financial-aid office may be able to adjust your income.

If you are collecting unemployment benefits and start school or a training program, you must report it to the Customer Service Center at 303-318-9000 (Denver-metro area) or 1-800-388-5515 (outside Denver-metro area).

For more information on the Federal Pell Grant view the College in Colorado's website.