Responding to Job Separations

COVID-19 update: If you sign up to receive and respond to requests for job-separation information online, you won’t have to worry about getting the mail at your mailing address or the spread of germs on the paper or envelopes.

If you do not respond on time to the request for information, that will not hold payment of an individual’s benefit payments. Our staff may have to contact you for information in the future.

When an employee is separated from employment and files a claim to collect unemployment benefits, any employer listed on the claim is notified via letter and is required to submit job-separation documentation. This documentation allows us to make decisions about whether unemployment benefits should be paid to the previous employee.

Employers can respond in two different ways:

  • Fax the Request for Facts About a Former Employee's Employment, Form UIB-290, to 303-318-9014


  • Online in MyUI Employer

MyUI Employer offers many conveniences, including an online tool called the State Information Data Exchange System (SIDES) found in MyUI Employer.

Both large/multi-state and small employers are encouraged to sign up to receive and respond to job-separation notifications using SIDES. Employers participating in SIDES will be able to:

  • Respond to Request for Facts About a Former Employee's Employment, Form UIB-290, in an easy and efficient online format.

  • Receive a date stamped confirmation, avoiding time and cost of unnecessary hearings.

  • Attach additional documentation to job-separation responses.

  • Eliminate delays related to mail delivery.

  • Provide speedy and efficient resolution of separation and related issues.

  • Keep premium rates and business costs low due to reduction of state- and employer-related administrative costs and by reducing improper payments through streamlined fact-finding processes.

If you use a third party administrator (TPA) or professional employer organization to handle the processing of your employees’ unemployment claims, please consult with the TPA prior to signing up for this service.

Log in to MyUI Employer, click on Email Notifications, and sign up for e-Response Notifications. 

For questions about completing the Request for Facts About a Former Employee's Employment, call 303-318-9055.