Upcoming Event: Why You Should Hire a Veteran Event at Pikes Peak Workforce Center
The Pikes Peak Workforce Center has teamed with the Small Business Development Center (SBDC) and the Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) to encourage local employers to hire veterans. Employers can explore recruiting tools and HR strategies to find valuable veteran talent at a day-long event on February 26, 2015.
WHO: Employers in El Paso and Teller Counties, who want to understand why hiring veterans makes good business sense.
WHAT: Series of workshops/breakout sessions to explore recruiting tools and HR strategies to find, hire, and retain veterans. Topics to be covered include:
- Why Hire a Veteran: the Value a Veteran Brings to You Company
- Post-Traumatic Stress: Addressing the Myths
- Strategic Approach to Veteran Talent Management
- Federal Contracting: Keep that Contract by Staying in Compliance
- Are You Sure You Understand All There is to Know About the American with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Citizens Soldiers: Good Business Sense
Note: a complete agenda with workshop descriptions is provided.
WHEN: Thursday, February 26, 2015 from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
WHERE: The Pinery at the Hill, 775 West Bijou, Colorado Springs, 80905
.HOW: There is no charge for employers to attend; a light breakfast and lunch will be provided. To register go to go to www.ppwfc.org, click under Business Services.
The Pikes Peak Workforce Center connects vital businesses with work-ready job seekers and employer-driven services. More information about the Pikes Peak Workforce Center can be found online at www.ppwfc.org.