State Honors Nine Colorado Companies for Their Outstanding Workplace Safety Records
For immediate release
Date: June 27, 2018
Contact: Office of Government, Policy and Public Relations
Bill Thoennes at (303) 318-8004 or Cher Haavind at (303) 318-8003
Fax: (303) 318-8070
(DENVER) – At an awards ceremony at the Governor’s Executive Residence on June 27, the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment honored nine women-owned businesses for their exemplary track-record in workplace safety.
These companies were honored:
- Alert Traffic Control, Inc. in Bayfield in Southwest Colorado provides road workers for projects across the state. One of the cornerstones of their operation was to establish a solid Safety Program with their workforce. Owner Susan Shearer and her staff continually assess the status of the Safety Program and make changes to enhance its effectiveness.
- Corey Electrical Engineering, Inc. In 2019, this company will celebrate its 30th year in business. It has been three decades of genuine innovation, unequaled quality, uncompromising standards, and exceptional value. Corey Electrical Engineering has a philosophy of excellence and that business philosophy extends to a top concern for safety.
- Diamond Excavating, Inc. Monthly safety meetings are held at the Diamond Excavating offices while each worksite follows through with safety inspections every morning and a job hazard analysis. The company has long been recognized as a leader in workplace safety and has received the Excellence in Safety Award four times from the American Subcontractors Association.
- Ducts Unlimited Mechanical Systems, Inc. This company is one of the most successful commercial HVAC businesses in the Denver Metro area, with more than 70 employees, a service fleet of 27 vehicles and annual sales in excess of $10 Million. It is also an employer who is doing everything right in keeping safety awareness as a priority in its work.
- E & C Precast Concrete, Inc. has been serving the Front Range since 1946. Their beautiful “concrete solutions” include window wells, fireplaces, fences, beautiful columns and pillars. The company’s impressive portfolio also includes its safety record. Workplace safety has been a core value and a part of E & C Precast Concrete from the very beginning.
- Greiner Electric, LLC takes great efforts to ensure that every aspect of every project is carried out in the safest manner possible — because nothing short of zero incidents is truly acceptable. Every employee is charged with the responsibility to maintain and improve the safety of the individual, the team, and the project. Safety is important in all occupations but in big electrical projects, it is critical and at Greiner, safety begins before the project even starts.
- Piper Communication Services, Inc. believes that the safety of their employees is the top priority. Nothing short of zero incidents is acceptable and they have achieved that goal. Every employee is charged with the responsibility to maintain and improve the safety of the individual, the team, and the project. Piper Communications’ safety program has resulted in Pinnacol Assurance, Colorado’s leader in Workers Compensation coverage, awarding it the Circle of Safety Award on numerous years.
- Northern Colorado Traffic Control in Greeley was established by Trisha Sandau in 1993. The company has a workforce of 150 full-time employees and more than 100 seasonal workers. All of them are certified and equipped with the latest technologies, tools, and training to ensure a safe work zone that meets or exceeds all national and local standards and specifications.
- Sun Construction & Facility Services, LLC is a full-service commercial/industrial general contractor providing a broad array of construction and facility services throughout the Colorado Front Range. It is a company of genuine innovation, unequaled quality, uncompromising standards, and exceptional value. In all of their work, the company has a philosophy of excellence and that business philosophy extends to a top concern for safety.
“These Denver Metro businesses are leaders in their respective industries and we’re proud to have worked with each of them to ensure that they are also leaders in workplace safety,” says Paul Tauriello, Director of the Division of Workers Compensation, a part of the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment. “We’re pleased to recognize each of them for their safety records.”
Each of the award recipients has been certified by the Division of Workers Compensation’s Premium Cost Containment Program that guides employers in establishing safety practices to reduce work-related injuries. More than 4,000 Colorado employers are currently certified in the program, covering more than 350,000 workers.
Companies that are granted certification in the Premium Cost Containment Program are eligible for reductions of 5 to 10% on their workers' compensation premiums if they can demonstrate an approved program in effect for one year and success in preventing and controlling losses. The Division provides technical assistance at no cost to employers who express an interest in participating in the program. When companies improve workplace safety, they also reduce their premium costs by 5 to 10%.
“We honor these companies and all companies that are making safety a part of their daily operations,” says Sam Walker, Executive Director of the Department of Labor and Employment. “These awards afford us an opportunity to urge more companies to participate in our Premium Cost Containment Program. Our Division of Workers Compensation can offer technical assistance at no cost and conduct a comprehensive risk assessment of your safety practices.”
Companies interested in learning more about the Premium Cost Containment Program should call 303-318-8644.
|Alert Traffic Control Inc.jpg||8.56 MB|
|Carey Electrical Engineering Inc.jpg||6.47 MB|
|Diamond Excavating Inc.JPG||5.43 MB|
|Ducts Unlimited Mechanical.jpg||8.25 MB|
|E and C Precast.jpg||8.83 MB|
|Greiner Electric LLC.jpg||9.47 MB|
|Northern Colorado Traffic Control.jpg||5.79 MB|
|Piper Communication Services Inc.JPG||5.99 MB|
|Sun Construction and Facility Services Inc.jpg||6.85 MB|
|Sam Walker and Paul Tauriello.jpg||794.48 KB|
|Phil Kalin.jpg||828.18 KB|
|Jeff Citrone.jpg||877.85 KB|