Find A Job
We offer career assistance both in-person and online. We strive in offering key resources, services and programs to assist you in your career search and development.
Our Workforce Centers are located throughout Colorado and supply free access to computer resources along with assistance on resume writing, interviewing, job-search strategies, career counseling, training opportunities and other ways to connect you to a larger job pool.
Getting a job is no easy task. Be sure to follow this checklist to make sure you are getting the most out of each and every opportunity.
- Prepare your resume - update your information, contacts, employment history & cover letter
- Online Job-search - research your industry, search job listings, register on Connecting Colorado & set up notifications
- Networking - utilize social media, follow-up with people in the industry and/or previous co-workers
- Job Fairs / Events - view our calendar for events happening throughout Colorado
- Contact a Workforce Center - create/update your Connecting Colorado account & get information on job opportunities in your area
- Interviewing - prepare for employer questions, dress the part (attire) and get tips on following-up with employers
- Special Programs & Opportunities - find information on special training and/or jobs that are being developed from grants Colorado has received
- Example - Flood Recovery jobs: matching employers with employees to help clean up efforts.
- Working with Recruiters - article provided by Net-Temps
- Top 5 Strategies on How to Search for Executive Jobs - article provided by Net-Temps
- The Interviewer Asks: "Why has it taken you long to find a job?" - article provided by Net-Temps
- Beat the Job Search Blues - article provided by Net-Temps
- Dress for Interview Success - article provided by Net-Temps
- Stop Being a Victim in Your Career - article provided by Net-Temps
- How Do You Distinguish Yourself from the Other Candidates? - article provided by Net-Temps
- Add an "Expert" to Your Next Cover Letter - article provided by Net-Temps
- Pros and Cons of Social Networking for Job Search - article provided by Net-Temps