File a Claim
In order to qualify for benefits, you must have lost your job through no fault of your own (for example a layoff, reduction in hours, or reduction in pay not related to performance). We will contact your previous employer(s) to help determine whether or not you may qualify.
Quitting Your Job
You have the right to leave a job for any reason at any time, but the circumstances of the separation will determine if and when you will receive benefits.
Discharged or Other Reasons
You may still be eligible for payment if you were discharged from your job. A partial list of qualifying separation reasons includes:
- domestic violence
- personal harassment by the employer not related to the job performance
- hazardous working conditions
- medical conditions
We will review the circumstances of your job separation to determine if you are eligible for benefits.
Legal Presence Requirements
Colorado law requires all persons 18 years and older to provide proof that they are lawfully present in the United States before receiving unemployment benefits. You must provide one of the following forms of identification (ID):
- Valid Colorado driver's license or a valid Colorado ID card.
- United States military ID card or a military dependent ID card.
- United States Coast Guard Merchant Mariner card.
- Native American tribal document.
- Valid driver's license or ID card issued by another state or Canada. U.S. Passport
Before filing a claim, estimate your potential payments.
Colorado Division of Unemployment Insurance | 303-318-9000 | Contact Us