The registered apprenticeship model gives employers an opportunity to build a workforce trained to meet their specific skill needs. Apprenticeships offer a flexible training solution, aligned with national and company-specific standards resulting in a well-skilled, well-rounded worker ready for a professional career in the company.
Benefits for Businesses
Registered Apprenticeships help businesses thrive. For every dollar spent on apprenticeship, employers get an average of $1.47 back in increased productivity (U.S. Department of Labor).
- Develop highly-skilled, highly productive employees
- Reduce turnover rates
- Increase productivity
- Lower recruitment costs
- Increase safety in the workplace
- Create a more diverse workforce and new pool of workers
Develop a Registered Apprenticeship Program
A Business Services Representative at your local workforce center will work with you and your partners to:
- Understand the registered apprenticeship training and employment model
- Identify roles within your organization that align to existing apprenticeship programs
- Connect you with appropriate resources to assist with creating and maintaining a program
- Assist you with recruiting candidates and making program updates as your workforce needs evolve
To find out more about the Registered Apprenticeships program contact your Local Business Development Representative.
View Colorado Workforce Centers in a full screen map
Jennifer Jirous-Rapp, Experiential Learning/Apprenticeship Coordinator
Read about Colorado's Swiss Apprenticship Model.