Report fraud to Colorado Department of Human Services
CDHS is committed to discovering and addressing fraud, waste and abuse. CDHS’s jurisdiction encompasses inappropriate activity by internal employees, contractors and grant recipients, which may include counties as well as private businesses and non-profit entities.
Private citizens are encouraged to report financial and time fraud as well as waste or misuse of resources.
If fraud is suspected at the county level, such as in the delivery or misuse of funds for SNAP (food stamps) or TANF (welfare benefits), please contact your local county fraud investigator.
For all other fraud concerns, contact the CDHS Fraud Hotline at 877.934.6361.
Be ready with the following information:
- The name of the individual or organization
- The address of the individual or organization
- The individuals living in the household
- The date of the alleged misconduct
- A detailed description explaining why you suspect fraud or abuse
- Your contact information
The fraud referral will either be investigated by the CDHS Audit Division or referred to the appropriate contact for further investigation.