How Do I Apply?
Welcome to the Colorado Low-Income Energy Assistance Program
LEAP is a federally funded program that helps eligible hard-working Colorado families, seniors and individuals pay a portion of their winter home heating costs. Our goal is to help bring warmth, comfort and safety to your home and family by assisting with heating costs during the all-too-often harsh Coloradan winters.
How To Apply
The 2018/2019 LEAP season ended on April 30, 2019.
LEAP applications will be available on November 1, 2019 when the 2019/2020 season begins.
Delays in processing time most often relate to incomplete applications. Use the checklist below to ensure you submit all necessary information and paperwork!
- I have answered all the questions in each section of the application.
- I have enclosed a readable copy of my valid photo identification.
- Social security numbers and birth dates for all members of my household have been included on the application.
- Proof of all monthly household income (pay stubs, award letters, loans, etc.) has been attached with the application.
- I have attached receipts for all expenses claimed on my profit and loss statement for self-employment income.
- A copy of my most recent heating bill has been enclosed with the application (if you pay your heat as part of your rent, include a copy of your most recent rent receipt).
- I have signed my application.
- I have double-checked that I am submitting my application to the correct county LEAP office.
- If my county LEAP office can accept email, I have scanned my application and all required paperwork and have attached the files to the email.