How do I apply for LEAP?
How to apply for Colorado's Low-income Energy Assistance Program
LEAP is a federally funded program that helps eligible hard working Colorado families, seniors and individuals pay a portion of their winter home heating costs. Our goal is to help bring warmth, comfort and safety to your home and family by assisting with heating costs. Below, find information on how to apply.
How to apply
****LEAP IS CURRENTLY CLOSED FOR THE SEASON AND NOT ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.****
LEAP will begin accepting applications for the 2020/2021 season on November 1, 2020
Delays in processing time most often relate to incomplete applications. Use the checklist below to ensure you submit all necessary information and paperwork!
- I have answered all the questions in each section of the application.
- I have enclosed a readable copy of my valid photo identification.
- Social Security numbers and birth dates for all members of my household have been included on the application.
- Proof of all monthly household income (pay stubs, award letters, loans, etc.) has been attached with the application.
- I have attached receipts for all expenses claimed on my profit and loss statement for self-employment income.
- A copy of my most recent heating bill has been enclosed with the application (if you pay your heat as part of your rent, include a copy of your most recent rent receipt).
- I have signed my application.
- I have double-checked that I am submitting my application to the correct county LEAP office.
- If my county LEAP office can accept email, I have scanned my application and all required paperwork and have attached the files to the email.