Domestic Violence Program Resources for Funded Programs
The Domestic Violence Program (DVP) provides funding for community-based domestic violence advocacy services throughout Colorado. Below are resources for these local advocacy service teams.
- DVP Announcements
- DVP Requirements
- Reporting Data to DVP
- Sample Policies & Templates
- Webinars & Training
- Site Visit Requirements
- The CAFE
- Training & Technical Assistance
DVP is governed by state rules, CDHS contract requirements and federal requirements. DVP conducts site visits to ensure programs are adhering to these standards.
- DVP Rules - Please review the DVP Rules that went into effect October 1, 2018.
- CDHS Contract Requirements - Please review your latest DVP contract for the most updated version of the CDHS contract requirements.
- Federal Requirements - DVP is funded by the Family Violence Prevention and Services Act (FVPSA).
Programs funded by DVP must also adhere to the federal Office of Management and Budget's Omni Super Circular, a combination of eight previous federal regulations into one comprehensive guidance codified at 2 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 200 (Subparts A-F). You can view the Super Circular on the U.S. Government Publishing Office, Electronic Code of Federal Regulations.
- Other DVP Requirements - DVP offers other guidance regarding requirements in the DVP Admin Guide. Please click on the attachment below for more information.
DVP-funded local advocacy services must collect all information related to all domestic violence services, including program components that are not funded by DVP.
DVP requires a Monthly Data Report and a Quarterly Data Report. These reports must be submitted via the Client Assessment, File & Event Management System (the CAFE). Instructions on data collection, submission of Data Reports, and using the CAFÉ is included in the DVP Data Reporting Requirements Guide.
Subscribe to the DVP calendar to never miss a deadline!
Below are templates and samples of policies, protocols and procedures available for download.
Please click on the links below to download recent webinars and trainings offered by DVP.
- Webinar: All Gender Access to DVP-Funded Services
- Webinar: Needs Assessment Pilot Results
- DVAM 2017: Elder Abuse & DV
- DVAM 2017: Working in Homes with DV
- DVAM 2017: Traumatic Brain Injury & DV
- DVAM 2017: DV, Housing, and Economic Justice
- DVP Contract Monitoring Requirements for FFY18
- DVP Contract Payments & Financial Requirements for FFY18
- DVP Outcome & Data Requirements for FFY18
- Introduction to DVP for FFY18
- Proposed DVP Rule Revision Webinar 2018
- Year One & Year Two DVP Contracts 2018
- Required FFY19 Outcome #5 Webinar
Below are documents to help your program prepare for a DVP Site Visit.
The CAFE is the Client Assessment, File & Event management system that was developed by DVP as a client and contract management system. The CAFE is a Salesforce application.
Programs funded by DVP are required to use the CAFE to report all Monthly and Quarterly Data report and submit monthly financial reimbursements, log fire safety inspections, and more. Programs may also use the CAFE as their own client management system.
Contact the CAFE Tech Support Barista
Learn from others using the CAFE in Colorado by Joining the CAFE user group
Download CAFE training guides and quick tips below
DVP provides funding for training and technical assistance to domestic violence programs in Colorado. This assistance is for topics such as board development, non-profit management and domestic violence best practices. Contact the Colorado Coalition Against Domestic Violence by completing the Request Technical Assistance form to get started.