ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS: Opioid Crisis Recovery Funds Advisory Committee
House Bill 19-1009 created the Opioid Crisis Recovery Funds Advisory Committee (Committee) tasked with advising and collaborating with the Department of Law on the use of any funds received by Colorado as a result of an opioid-addiction-related settlement or damage award for which the use of the funds is not predetermined or committed by other orders.
Although this Committee will only meet if and when Colorado receives opioid settlement funds for which the use of the funds are not predetermined, the Department of Human Services is requesting individuals that are interested in being members of this Committee begin submitting applications for the Governor appointed seats. The Committee’s Governor appointed seats (C.R.S. 27-82-114) include:
- One member licensed to practice medicine
- One member licensed to practice pharmacy
- One member licensed to practice as a nurse
- One member licensed as a dentist
- One member licensed as a veterinarian
- One member licensed as a physical therapist
- One member representing a local public health agency
- One member who has been affected by the opioid crisis
- One family member of a person who has been affected by the opioid crisis
- One member representing an advocacy organization for people with substance use disorders
- Two members appointed from nominees submitted by statewide organizations representing counties, with one member representing the western slope and one member representing the eastern part of the state
- One member from an association that represents behavioral health providers
To apply, complete the online application through the Governor's Boards and Commissions Office (www.colorado.gov/governor/boards-commissions-application).