The Colorado Department of Human Services connects people with assistance, resources and support for living independently in our state. We're the people who help people.
Colorado has a state-supervised and county-administered human services system. Under this system, county departments are the main provider of direct services to Colorado’s families, children, and adults.
Together, we empower Coloradans to thrive.
To serve Coloradans through bold and innovative health and human services.
The Colorado Department of Human Services will:
- Make decisions with, and act in the best interests of, the people we serve, because Colorado's success depends on their well-being.
- Share information, seek input, and explain our actions because we value accountability and transparency.
- Manage our resources efficiently because we value responsible stewardship.
- Promote a positive work environment to support and develop employees, because their performance is essential to Colorado’s success.
- Meaningfully engage our partners and the people we serve because we must work together to achieve the best outcomes.
- Commit to continuous learning because Coloradans deserve effective solutions today and forward-looking innovation for tomorrow.