Adult Coed Indoor Soccer Rules
The Manager’s Responsibilities Include:
• Read and the understand league rules and District policies prior to participation.
• Obtain league information pertaining to registration deadlines, make-up schedules, league tournaments, and league awards.
• Submit all league paperwork in a legible manner on time.
• Maintain control over his/her players and spectators in all circumstances, including disputes on the field. Referees will discuss disputes on the field with managers only.
• Have all players sign team waiver/roster before playing.
All players must wear shin guards.
Must be at least 18 years of age and no longer in high school to participate.
• There will be 5 players on the court from each team at one time but teams will be allowed to start a game with a minimum of 4 players. In all cases, one of the players on the court at all times must be designated as a goalie and the only one allowed to handle the ball.
• Acceptable gender ratios are as follows:
Males to Females
3 to 2
2 to 3
2 to 2
Protesting a player’s eligibility must be based on the following criteria:
• Player playing under an assumed name
• Player not listed on a team’s roster
• Player listed as a legal player on one or more rosters
• Player under the age of 18 or in high school
If a team challenges whether a player is eligible, the challenged player must provide picture identification to verify his/her name to the supervisor. If a player refuses or fails to provide proper identification they are ejected from the game immediately and the game is subject to protest.
If a new player is added to the roster, the player must sign and completely fill out their personal information. If a player drops from the roster they need to complete the Roster Drop form. Team rosters are limited to 12 players. There is a roster deadline approximately 60% through the season. No roster moves after the deadline.
Rules of the Game:
Goals can be scored from anywhere on the court.
Games will be two 24 minutes halves each (running time clock) with a five minutes half time
Kick off may be taken in any direction.
Team will switch sides at halftime and the opposite team will receive the kickoff.
Substitutions can be made on the fly and must take place at center court. Goalkeepers substitute on dead balls.
Goal kicks are taken from either block at the edges of the key area. Corner kicks are taken from the corner designated.
All dead ball kicks are direct, except kick offs and kick ins from the sidelines.
No throw-ins, all out of bounds restarts are from a kick-in where the ball left the field and are indirect.
There are no off-sides.
The goal box and penalty area will be considered inside the basketball three-point arc.
If the ball hits the ceiling it will result in a dead ball and a direct kick will be rewared to the opposing team.
NO SLIDE TACKLING (except goalies within their respective penalty area.) Slide tackling will result in a direct kick for the other team. You will get one warning, 2nd time in game you will receive a red card and ejected from the game.
Goalies are not allowed to throw the ball in the air into the opposing team’s defensive three-point arc. If this occurs, the ball is placed at the top of the three-point arc on the attacking half of the field for an indirect free kick.
Players cannot pass the ball back to the goalie. If this is done it will result in an indirect free kick at the spot where the goalie picked it up.
2-YARD RULE: In all dead-ball situations, defending players must stand at least two yards away from the ball.
If the defensive player’s goal is closer than two yards, the ball shall be played five yards from the goal, in line with the place of the foul.
PENALTY KICKS: A penalty kick shall constitute a direct kick taken from the 3 point arc with all players outside of the half court line.
Player ejection: (Red Card): Referees have the right to eject a player, coach or spectator from the game.