Adult Basketball Rules
1. Other than what is addressed here, high school rules will be followed.
2. Games will consist of 10-minute running clock quarters. The clock will only stop on injuries, timeouts, or in the last 2 minutes of the second half if the margin of score is 15-points or less.
3. Three timeouts of 1-minute in length are allowed per team, per game.
4. Halftime is 5-minutes long.
5. Game time is Forfeit Time. Teams must have 4 players present to start a game. A Forfeit Penalty of $25 will be charged according to the Adult Sports Policies, unless 24-hour notice is given.
6. If a game is tied at the end of regulation, a 2-minute overtime period will be played. If the game is still tied after the first overtime period we will play one additional one-minute period to determine the winner. If the game remains tied, it will go in the book as a tie. The clock will stop on all instances.
7. No Dunking at anytime. A Dunk is defined as hands or hand on the rim. Result is a Technical Foul.
8. If any player receives a Technical Foul, they will not participate in the remainder of the game and could be suspended for the following game pending a review of the Conduct Committee. The player may remain on the bench or in the gym unless they become a nuisance. A second Technical Foul, at any time during the course of the season, will result in suspension for the remainder of the program.
9. Only the team manager may question a call with the official or Program Coordinator.
10. All players and spectators must abide by the Participant Code of Conduct. In the event of any unsportsmanlike conduct, the Participant Code of Conduct will be enforced.
11. Team managers are responsible for the members of their team. If a team manager cannot control their team members, the Participant Code of Conduct will be enforced.
12. Teams must have like colored shirts with a number on the back. The Recreation District will provide pennies when needed.
13. Refer to the Adult Sports Policies for roster questions. We will have a roster limit of 12.
14. By signing the Official Roster, participants release the Recreation District from any and all liability.
15. Supervise your children. Children who are continually out of control will be asked to leave with their parent or guardian.
The rules are updated annually at the manager's meeting in January.