Criminal Records Requirements for the State of Tennessee
|Name of Agency:||Tennessee Bureau of Investigations - TORIS|
901 R.S. Gass Blvd , Nashville, TN 37216
|Contact:||Deborah Gordon or Lisa King|
|Phone Number:||615-744-4057 (General Line)|
Appealing the Results of a Criminal History Check
If you requested a Tennessee criminal history information check on yourself or a check was requested for you and you wish to dispute the accuracy of the results, a fingerprint comparison can be performed.
- You must provide a copy of your fingerprints for the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation to compare against those corresponding with the criminal record found.
- Submit your fingerprints along with a letter stating that you wish to dispute the findings of the record check conducted in your name.
- You must include a cashiers check or money order for $24.00.
- Once the comparison of fingerprints has been made, the results will be forwarded to you stating that the criminal history is either accurate or found to be inaccurate.
- The Biometrics Services Unit will assist in correcting any inaccuracies identified as the result of the fingerprint comparison.
|Law Enforcement Agency:|
|Turn Around Time:|