Below is a list of upcoming training events offered by the Colorado Bureau of Investigation's CJIS Support Divisions (Crime Information Managment, Biometric Identification and Records, and InstaCheck) as well as the Sex Offender Registry.
For any questions about training, please contact the course organizer listed in each class description.
Note: All classes are for criminal justice personnel only (or contractors thereof) unless specified otherwise. Most classes are not available to the public.
Sex Offender Registration and Sexually Violent Predator Training - CBI Pueblo
Wednesday, March 14, 2018 at 08:00 AM
79 North Silicon Drive , Pueblo CO 81007
CJIS DIVISIONS REGIONAL TRAINING SYMPOSIUM
The Colorado Bureau of Investigation CJIS Divisions (Biometric Identification and Records, Crime Information Management, and InstaCheck) are pleased to announce their upcoming Regional Training Symposium.
When: April 16-19, 2018.
Where: Routt County Justice Center, 1955 Shield Drive, Steamboat Springs, CO 80487. Additional parking may be found at the adjacent Routt County Sheriff's Office.
Click here for a guide of nearby hotels and restaurants.
Registration is now open and is located in the CBI Learning Catalog in Saba. To register, users must sign up for a CDPS Saba account. Instructions for account setup and class registration are located on CJIS Portal at https://ccicportal.state.co.us/resources/saba_online_training_and_class_registration.pdf.
Please note that registration for this training event closes at 11:59 pm on April 8.
For questions, please contact the CBI Crime Information Management Unit at (303) 239-4222.
Monday, April 16
- CCIC Level I: Proper System Usage and Queries - 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- NIBRS (Day 1 of 2) - 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Tuesday, April 17
- NIBRS (Day 2 of 2) - 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- CCIC Level II: Record Entry and Other Actions - 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Real World Applications of the CJIS Security Policy - 1:00 pm to 2:45 pm
- CJIS Security for the IT Professional/LASO - 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm (featuring special guest speaker Jeff Campbell from the FBI CJIS ISO Program)
Wednesday, April 18
- CCIC Level III: Coordinator - 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Biometric Identification Basics - 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Thursday, April 19
- Sex Offender Registration/Management - 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Criminal Record Changes/Corrections - 8:00 am – 9:00 am
- It's Not Me, Honest! - 9:15 am – 10:15 am
- Nuts and Bolts of Livescan - 10:30 am – 11:30 am
- Disposition of Firearms & CHP Checks - 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Again, these classes are listed in the CBI Saba Learning Catalog and a Saba account is required for registration. Employees of criminal justice agencies may use this instruction guide for information on registering.