Below is a list of upcoming training events offered by the Colorado Bureau of Investigation's CJIS Divisions (Crime Information Managment, Biometric Identification and Records, and InstaCheck), as well as the Sex Offender Registry.
All classes are listed in the CBI Saba Learning Catalog and a Saba account is required for registration. Employees of criminal justice agencies may use this instruction guide for information on registering. Saba accounts need to be created by the individual person who will attend the class, and may not be created under an agency name to hold a slot for the agency.
For any questions about training, please contact the course organizer listed in each class description. All classes are for criminal justice personnel only (or contractors thereof) unless specified otherwise.
CBI CJIS DIVISIONS REGIONAL TRAINING SYMPOSIUM
Hosting Agency: Colorado State Patrol
Location: Colorado State Patrol Academy, 15203 W 12th Ave, Golden, CO 80401. Classes are held inside the main academy building, or on the campus in Building 100. Check each class for specific locations. Click here for a campus map with parking locations.
Date: Monday, August 5, 2019 through Thursday, August 8, 2019. Several classes will be held at multiple dates and times; see below.
Course Organizer: Darla L Hackworth | email@example.com
Each link will take you to the course registration page in Saba. You must have a Saba account to view the courses (see above). Be advised, some of the courses have multiple upcoming sessions; make sure you enroll for the date and time you want!
Monday, August 5:
- 8:00 am to 12:00 pm -- CCIC Coordinator Crash Course (open to CCIC Coordinators and their alternates only)
- 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm -- Advanced CCIC Coordinator Topics (open to CCIC Coordinators and their alternates only)
- 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm -- Introduction to the Firearms InstaCheck Unit
- 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm -- CJIS Security Policy for Local Agency Security Officers (open to LASO's and CCIC Coordinators only)
Tuesday, August 6:
- 8:00 am to 5:00 pm -- Sex Offender Registration And Sexually Violent Predator (SVP) Community Notification Training
- 8:00 am to 12:00 pm -- Biometric Identification Basics
- 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm -- Criminal Record Changes and Corrections
- 2:15 pm to 3:15 pm -- It's Not Me, Honest!
- 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm -- Nuts and Bolts of Livescan
Wednesday, August 7:
- 8:00 am to 5:00 pm -- UCR NIBRS (Basic)
- 8:00 am to 8:50 am -- Introduction to CBI and CBI-CJIS Systems
- 9:00 am to 10:50 am -- Access and Dissemination of CJI/CHRI
- 11:00 am to 12:00 pm -- Using OpenFox Messenger for CCIC Access
- 1:00 pm to 1:50 pm -- Common Queries and How to Use Them
- 2:00 pm to 4:20 pm -- Warrants and Other Wanted Persons
- 4:30 pm to 5:00 pm -- Investigative Tools in CBI-CJIS Systems
Thursday, August 8:
- 8:00 am to 12:00 pm -- FBI Hate Crime Training
- 8:00 am to 10:20 am -- Missing and Unidentified Persons
- 10:30 am to 11:30 am -- Protection Orders
- 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm -- UCR NIBRS (Advanced)
- 1:00 pm to 3:20 pm -- Vehicles, License Plates, and Boats
- 3:30 pm to 5:00 pm -- Property Files: Articles, Guns, Securities, and the Economic Crime Index