The CBI oversees a number of alert programs. Below you will find information on the bills that authorized the alert, the type of alert and the bureau's responsibility. Each alert type has a separate page containing specific information.
- April 1, 2002 the Governor signed HB 02-1083: Colorado AMBER Alert Plan.
- April 4, 2006 the Governor signed SB 06-057: Colorado Missing Senior Citizen Alert Program
- February 16, 2007 the Governor signed HB 07-1005: Amended the Colorado Missing Senior Citizen Alert Program to include Missing Persons with Developmental Disabilities
- November 2011, the Governor signed HB 11-1036: Blue Alert Program
- March 25, 2014, the Governor signed HB 14-1191: Medina Alert Program