How to get a Library Card:
Library cards are free to the public. Please bring in a valid drivers license or state ID, and 2 items of proof of current address (pieces of mail, e.g. bills, that prove your residency or a vehicle registration or insurance card). At the library, you will complete a registration card and sign a patron responsibility form; this information will be entered into our system. It is your responsibility to keep your card up to date should you move or change phone numbers. If you have any questions please contact the libraries at 719-852-3931 for the Carnegie Public Library, Monte Vista Branch and 719-873-5079 for the Carnegie Public Library, South Fork Branch.
5 books and/or audio books
Check Out Period:
Books and audio books-3 weeks
Videos and Magazines-1 week
No renewals on videos and magazines
Books may be renewed only once
There is a Colorado Special section available for in-library use only.
If the book you are wanting is not owned by this library, you may order it through Inter-Library Loan. These may not be renewed, and there is a $1.00 per day late fee.
Computer, Printer, Copier and Fax Machine Policy:
Computer Use Rules:
* Visitors are welcome.
* You must sign in and out at the front desk.
* You must be 13 to use the Internet. Children under 8 years of age must be supervised by a parent/caregiver.
* The time limit is 45 minutes. If you need more time please ask a staff member for help.
* In order to save a document you must use a jump drive or Google account.
* No music, chat lines, chat rooms, instant messaging services, pornography, or downloading (Our computers do not have the proper software to handle this).
* Computers and Printers are shut down for maintenance 15 minutes before the library closes
* WIFI at the Carnegie Library Monte Vista Branch shuts down at 5:00 PM
Printer pages cost 10 cents per page for black and white and $1.00 for color pictures. Pay at the front desk. Please ask for assistance.
Copied pages are 10 cents per page for black and white and $1.00 for color text and pictures. Pay at the front desk. Please ask for assistance.
Faxes are $1.50 per page (received or sent). Pay at the front desk. Please ask for assistance.
Proctoring Services are available through distant learning.
Test proctoring is available at both library locations. Students must make an appointment with their chosen library to take a test.
Tours are available for school classes. Please contact the library to find out more.
The Carnegie Public library, Monte Vista Branch offers a collection of Spanish books for children.
Donations: Both libraries accept books, magazines, monetary and memorial donations.
Meeting Rooms: Please call or email 10 days in advance to reserve our meeting rooms.
Large Meeting Room Regulations and Policies:
* A deposit of $25.00 is required to confirm reservations for the large room and will be returned to you when the room is left clean and neat and the keys are returned.
* An agreement must be filled out to use the large meeting room at the time of reservation.
* Alcoholic beverages and tobacco are not permitted in the building.
* No red colored punch, Kool-Aid or drinks are allowed in the meeting room due to their staining properties.
* The meeting room and kitchen area must be left clean and orderly.
* Any decorations are limited to table decorations only. Nothing shall be hung from the ceiling or on the walls and doors.
* Only nonprofit civic groups and school organizations will be allowed to do small fundraisers and library related programs to raise funds as approved by the library director. No other organization will be allowed to use the meeting room for monetary gain.
* No exercise or dance activities will be allowed.
* All library activities will have priority.
* Any claim, liabilities or damages to the building will be the responsibility of the individual or group agreeing to the use of the meeting room.
* Turn all lights off and lock the door before leaving.
* Return the key to the library office by noon the following day, Monday-Saturday. Your deposit will be returned to you at this time.
* The library reserves the right to deny any request for use of this facility.
* If the key checked out is lost or not returned, the responsible party is liable for the cost of replacing the lock on the door.
* Library staff will not take calls for people attending these meetings unless it is an emergency.
MV Small meeting room
MV Large meeting room
South Fork Large Meeting Room
South Fork Small Meeting Room
Small Meeting Room:
No deposit or contract needed to reserve small room.
No food or drink is allowed in the small meeting room.
To reserve a meeting room please schedule with Carol Lee Dugan at the Carnegie Public Library, Monte Vista Branch or Melanie Hart at the Carnegie Public Library, South Fork Branch 10 days prior to the date you desire.
Remember, no food or drinks are allowed in the libraries. Please turn off your cell phone before entering the libraries. Please do not bring any fire arms or other weapons into the libraries, this includes knives. No pets are allowed in the libraries unless they are service animals and you will need to provide proof of the fact and have them in their service vests. Thank you for helping to keep the Carnegie Libraries a safe place to visit.