History of the Department
- 1879 Volunteer Hose Companies and Hook and Ladder Companies formed throughout the city
- 1902 Canon City Fire Department was organized as a paid department
- 1946 Canon City Area Fire Protection District was formed around Canon City and is served in cooperation with the city department
- 1986 Canon City Fire Authority was formed to oversee management of both the District and City Departments
- 1992 Canon City Area Fire Protection District assumed all fire operations in the city limits and the City of Canon City's Fire department merged under the sole operation of the district
Do you have old photos, articles or other history of the department? If so, we would like to see them and add them to our archive. Please contact us at 719.275.8666.