C-SEAP Internship Program
The Colorado State Employee Assistance Program is an internal EAP. We offer short-term counseling services to all state employees and members of their families. We have served as an intern site for the University of Colorado, University of Denver, and Colorado Sate University for over 15 years.
- Receive valuable clinical experience working with a short-term, solution-focused modality.
- Work with a wide range of presenting concerns.
- Are encouraged to work at their own pace while learning to manage their clinical caseload.
- Complete clinical phone intakes as well as provide workplace consultations.
- Receive a minimum of weekly supervision.
- Attend weekly professional meetings, including clinical reviews with all C-SEAP clinical staff.
- Have opportunities to present workshops to various work groups.
C-SEAP interns must be in the second year or beyond of a graduate or doctoral program in clinical psychology, counseling psychology or social work. Internships are 9-12 months and range from 20-32 hours/week in Denver, Colorado Springs and Pueblo. Supervision is provided by a licensed clinician.
Timeline: Prospective interns should inquire in February to set up an interview for March. Placements are made by April for the following academic school year.
Please contact Linda Pounds, LMFT for additional information at 303-866-4314 or Linda.Pounds@state.co.us