CSEAP Internship Program
DUE to our need to focus limited resources during the COVID-19 outbreak, CSEAP WILL NOT ACCEPT any additional internship applications until late Winter/early Spring 2021.
The Colorado State Employee Assistance Program is an internal EAP. We offer short-term counseling services to all state employees and members of their families. We have served as an intern site for the University of Colorado, University of Denver, and Colorado Sate University for over 15 years.
- Receive valuable clinical experience working with a short-term, solution-focused modality.
- Work with a wide range of presenting concerns.
- Are encouraged to work at their own pace while learning to manage their clinical caseload.
- Complete clinical phone intakes as well as provide workplace consultations.
- Receive a minimum of weekly supervision.
- Attend weekly professional meetings, including clinical reviews with all CSEAP clinical staff.
- Have opportunities to present workshops to various work groups.
CSEAP interns must be in the second year or beyond of a graduate or doctoral program in clinical psychology, counseling psychology or social work. Internships are currently available in the Denver area, are 9-12 months, and range from 20-32 hours/week. Supervision is provided by a licensed clinician. We have a particular interest in working with students with diverse backgrounds and with varying life experiences. We strongly encourage people of diverse races and backgrounds, and veterans to apply for this internship opportunity.
Timeline: Prospective interns should inquire in February to set up an interview for March. Placements are made by April for the following academic school year.
Please call 303-866-4314 for additional information about CSEAP internship opportunities.