About These Records
The Colorado State Archives holds a variety of resources, which document the legislative history of the state and can help explain the intent behind Colorado law.
Primary, textual sources
- 1997-2013 Online through the General Assembly webpage
- 1876-present "Engrossed" bills, which include all versions of the bill as it passed through the General Assembly, are available at the State Archives
- 2000-2013 Online through the General Assembly webpage (Use this Guide to Finding Committee Summaries)
- 1973-present Available at State Archives
- Before 1973 No Committee Summaries were produced
Colorado Revised Statutes
Session Laws of Colorado
House and Senate Journals
After passage of the Colorado Sunshine Law in 1973, Legislative Committee Hearings and Floor Sessions were to be recorded and made available to the public. These audio recordings are available for research purposes at the Colorado State Archives.
- 2012-present Listen online through the General Assembly webpage
- 2002-2011 Listen at the State Archives (by appointment only) OR Find out about requesting a recording
- 1973-2001 Find out about requesting a recording