How to transfer records to Colorado State Archives

In general Colorado State Archives accepts records:

  • created by a government office in the state of Colorado
  • designated for permanent retention by records managers at the State Archives

The following video provides a fuller explanation of the transfer process.


If you believe you are ready to begin the transfer process, please fill out the Records Transfer Form, and email it to