About Divorce Records
The Colorado State Archives generally hold two types of divorce document.
Divorce Case Files – Case files include documents like Decree of Dissolution, Separation Agreement, Child Support Orders, and Parenting Plan.
Divorce Record or Register – These are court-created listings of divorces. Information about divorce cases, such as the date of decree was recorded in this book for reference. There are no documents from divorce cases in a Divorce Record or Register.
How to Find Information
The State Archives holds divorce records from many, but not all, counties from a varying span of dates including:
- Arapahoe 1992-2008
- Boulder 1964-1995
- All other counties - Years vary. Please click link to see what divorce records are held by State Archives.
- If the divorce happened in the county and during the time period detailed on this list, then you can request the record from the State Archives. You will need to provide the case number for most requests. If you don't have a case number, try using the Archives Search. If you are still unable to find a case number, contact the District Court in which the divorce was filed.
- If the county and time period for the divorce you are looking for is not on this list, the record is still held by the District Court. Contact the District Court in which the divorce was filed for you record.
The following divorce cases are searchable using our Archives Search database:
- 1904-1913 Adams County
- 1907-1921 Bent County
- 1904-1918 Boulder County, County Court
- 1904-1912 Boulder County, District Court
- 1899-1915 Conejos County
- 1903-1941 El Paso County
- 1906-1916 Garfield County
- 1957-1974 Park County
- 1931-1964 Pitkin County