Policies listed here are current Colorado State Archives policies.
Policies of interest to Researchers:
Feel free to bring the following items:
- Cell phones – HOWEVER, please refrain from taking calls in the Research Room.
- Digital Cameras – Must be approved by Archives Staff. Unlimited pictures (no flash) for no charge.
- Loose papers, note cards, notebooks, folders – Subject to inspection by Archives Staff upon exit.
Please DO NOT bring the following items in the Research Room:
- Drinks of ANY kind
- Post-it notes
- Brief cases, laptop cases, purses, backpacks, etc. – Free lockers are available.
- Keep records in the order you found them.
- All documents should lay flat on the table, away from the edge.
- Do not:
- lean on,
- write on,
- write on top of,
- create new folds in,
- take apart any documents
- White cotton gloves will be required (and provided) for handling photographic materials.
- If you have any questions on how to best protect a document, do not hesitate to ask Archives Staff.
- Most records can be copied by the researcher.
- Asking staff to make copies for the researcher will incur a slightly higher fee than if the researcher makes their own copies.
- In order to protect records for future use and based on either the condition of the records or behavior of the researcher, Archives Staff may determine a researcher cannot make their own copies. Staff copying fees will apply.
- Some records (e.g. large, fragile, damaged) may require special duplication processes that increase time and cost.
- Some records will not be able to be duplicated, as preserving the record for future use takes precedence over one-time duplication.
Access to Records:
Please view our current Access policy for questions regarding what records are accessible to the general public.
- Access Policy (effective March 11, 2019)
Policies of interest to Originating Agencies:
- Policy Change Re: Preservation/Security Copy Format (effective July 1, 2015)
- Guide to Micrographics Standards (Version 1 )
- Collections Policy (effective June 25, 2018)
- Withdrawal and Temporary Loan Policy (effective April 25, 2019)