Arapahoe Divorce

How to request an Arapahoe County Divorce Case File:

1) Case Number Find out the case number for the file you would like to research.

We cannot start your research request without a case number. And we have no name indexes for Arapahoe Divorce Case Files to help you find a case number.

If you do not know this information, you can find it by calling the Arapahoe County Combined Court .

Important Note: Case Numbers that begin:

92DR-95DR Located on-site at the Colorado State Archives. Available during all normal business hours.

96DR-08DR Located off-site. We pull these cases on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Walk-in customers should follow the following guidelines on when to come in: Requests made Thursday thru Monday (before 4:00 pm) will first be available on Wednesday. Requests made Tuesday or Wednesday (before 4:00 pm) will first be available Friday. All mail, email, fax requests will be responded to in two (2) weeks or less.

All others Held by Arapahoe County Combined Court

2) Archives Location Expedite your the time it takes to process your request by including the Archives Location on your request form.

If you received your case number from the Arapahoe Court, they will have provided the Archives Location. Simply include the location number in your request. (Note: We DO NOT need the Agency Number. ONLY the Archives Location will allow us to locate your record.)

If you already know your case number, you can find the Archives Location in our Archives Location Index. Look up your case number in the spreadsheet and include it in your request.

3) Documents The divorce decree and all its attachments (including separation agreement, parenting plan, support order) are included in all requests. If additional documents are needed, please list them.

Contact the person, agency, or institution you will be sharing the documents with BEFORE making your request to make sure you are requesting the correct documents. The Archives staff do not know what documents you will need. They also cannot offer legal advice, regarding what documents you may need.

4) Identification In order to confirm your connection with the case, in compliance with Colorado Law, we must see photo id. New attorneys to the case must provide an Order of Entry of Appearance and photo id.

Walk-in customers should be sure to bring some form of photo id.

Customers using our webform to request records should either fax a copy our research desk, or be prepared to attach a scan of your id in the webform.

5) Cost Divorce requests will cost $50. Documents in addition to the decree and attachments will cost $1 per page.

6) Questions Contact the research desk with any questions before submitting a request form.

Note: Requests must still be submitted using the webform. The research desk will provide assistance in filling out the form, but will not open your request over the phone.

7) Make a Request