About the Collection
Below are some of the records at the Archives that document the Japanese Internment Camp at Granada, Colorado:
- The Governor’s Collection- contains the official acts of Governor Ralph L. Carr, his correspondence with individuals and groups concerning the war and the Japanese, and many speeches that he gave.
- The Governor’s Council of Defense - documents all aspects of World War II and is quite extensive. Many publications and photographs originate with this collection.
- Abstract of Votes from the 1944 General Election
- Department of Education, Superintendent of the Amache Schools- documents the school system, the adult education available at Amache as well as many other aspects of camp life.
- Colorado Department of Labor and the Department of Agriculture