How to request an Arapahoe County Divorce Case File:
1) Case Number Your first step is to contact Arapahoe County Combined Courts to find your case number. State Archives cannot process any request without the case number of your divorce case. And we have no name indexes for Arapahoe Divorce Case Files to help you find a case number. Call 303-649-6355.
If you received your case number from the Arapahoe Court, they will have provided the Archives Location. Simply include the location number in your request. (Note: We DO NOT need the Agency Number. ONLY the Archives Location will allow us to locate your record.)
If you already know your case number, you can find the Archives Location in our Archives Location Index. Look up your case number in the spreadsheet and include it in your request.
3) Documents The divorce decree and all its attachments (including separation agreement, parenting plan, support order) are included in all requests. If additional documents are needed, please list them.
Contact the person, agency, or institution you will be sharing the documents with BEFORE making your request to make sure you are requesting the correct documents. The Archives staff do not know what documents you will need. They also cannot offer legal advice, regarding what documents you may need.
4) Identification In order to confirm your connection with the case, in compliance with Colorado Law, we must see photo id. New attorneys to the case must provide an Order of Entry of Appearance and photo id.
Walk-in customers should be sure to bring some form of photo id.
Customers using our webform to request records should either fax a copy our research desk, or be prepared to attach a scan of your ID in the webform.
5) Cost Divorce requests will cost $50. Documents in addition to the decree and attachments will cost $1 per page.
6) Questions Contact the research desk with any questions before submitting a request form.
Note: Requests must still be submitted using the webform. The research desk will provide assistance in filling out the form, but will not open your request over the phone.
7) When will my request be ready?
Requests that will be mailed to you can take up to 10 business days to be processed once payment and ID are received. All requests are done in the order they are received.
If you want to come in to look at your request, you will not be able to view your case the same day you request it, since most of our files are at an off-site storage facility.
|If you request your file on:||Monday||Tuesday||Wednesday||Thursday||Friday||Saturday||Sunday|
|The earliest it will be available is:||Tuesday afternoon||Thursday afternoon||Thursday afternoon||Tuesday afternoon||Tuesday afternoon||Tuesday afternoon||Tuesday afternoon|