Options for Long-term Care
Case managers asses the elderly, blind and disabled in both Alamosa and Saguache Counties to determine functional abilities. Medicaid eligibility is a requirement. Services are accessed to allow those clients to stay in their own home as opposed to a nursing home placement.
Persons that are elderly and/or disabled are assessed for alternatives to Nursing Home Care; whereby services will be given in the home. Services may include homemaking, personal care, home modifications, electronic monitoring, adult day services, non-medical transportation, alternative care facility, respite care and consumer directed attendant support.
- HCBS: Elderly, Blind, Physically Disabled (EBD) Waiver
- Serves adults (18+) who need care on a long term basis due to age and/or physical disability.
- HCBS: Brain Injury (BI) Waiver
- Serves people age 16 to 64 who have a brain injury and as a result require extra support to live in their home.
- HCBS: Children with Life Limiting Illness (CLLI) Waiver
- Serves children birth through age 18 who have a life limiting illness as certified by a physician.
- HCBS: Community Mental Health Support Services (CMHS) Waiver
- Serves adults (18+) who need care/supervision on a long term basis due to major mental illness.
- Home Care Allowance
- Serves children and adults who need help to meet basic needs like homemaking and personal care. Recipients must receive SSI.
Basic Financial Requirements
- Must be functionally eligible and financially eligible as determined by the Department of Human Services.
- USDA Rural Development Single Family Housing Repair Loans & Grants in Colorado
- Provides loans to very-low-income homeowners to repair, improve or modernize their homes.
- Provides grants to elderly very-low-income homeowners to remove health and safety hazards.
- Contact the Alamosa Service Center at (719) 589-5661
101 South Craft Drive
Alamosa, CO 81101-2273
- Energy Resource Center (ERC) provides weatherization services at no charge for income qualified individuals and families.
- Upgrades include:
- Air sealing
- Contact the San Luis Valley Office at (719) 587-9492
1825 State Avenue
Alamosa, Colorado 81101
- Upgrades include: