Commissioner Darius H. Allen
Commissioner Allen has two decades of rewarding public service, Judy, his beautiful wife of 41 years, three successful children (a professional horse trainer/rancher and two registered nurses), two wonderful grandchildren, and a working cattle ranch.
“You know my Dad always told me, if you love what you do, you’ll never work a day in your life,” says Allen. Allen’s leadership role in important initiatives and an open door policy for his constituents makes it easy to see how much he loves his community.
- Awarded the 2005 Colorado Counties, Inc. (CCI) County Commissioner of the Year.
- Appointed by the Governor to the Underfunded Courthouse Advisory Committee.
- Serves on many boards including:
- The Colorado State Fair Foundation Board
- The National Public Lands Board
- The County Health Pool Board.
- Prioritizes economic development including:
- Building 5 Utility Scale Solar Farms
- Obtaining $5 million in grants for county projects
- Helping bring Unmanned Aircraft Systems to the Valley
- Buying a Tire Shredder
- Helped Build:
- Community Food Bank Building
- Administration/Social Services Buildings
- County Annex Building
- New Airport Terminal
- Obtained funding for new Judicial Center to be built in 2017