Restricted Use Pesticide Dealers

Pesticide Dealer Licensing

Any person who distributes any federal or state Restricted Use Pesticide (RUP) to any other person must be licensed by Colorado Department of Agriculture as a pesticide dealer.

  • Each separate business location, including branch offices, and each separate business name must have a separate pesticide dealer license.
  • Federal and State RUP's are for sale or distribution only by licensed pesticide dealers and only to certified applicators.
    • RUP's may only be used by certified applicators
  • Licensed dealers must keep detailed records or each distribution of a federal or state RUP.

Businesses only selling pesticides that are NOT RUP's do not require a pesticide dealer license.

Colorado's State Restricted Use Pesticides

Any herbicide product that contains one or more of the following active ingredients is a Colorado State Restricted Use Pesticide.

  • Bromacil
  • Diuron
  • Monuron
  • Prometon
  • Sodium Chlorate
  • Sodium Metaborate
  • Tebuthiuron


Contact Us Local Research Local Research



Contact Us Pesticide Product Registrations