Under the National Organic Program (NOP) products sold as organic in the United States must be certified by a USDA-NOP accredited certification agency.   The Colorado Department of Agriculture (CDA) is a USDA-accredited certification agency that certifies producers and processors in the state of Colorado.  

The CDA verifies that the requirements of organic production and handling practices meet the national standards.  Food and other agricultural products that have been produced following the USDA organic regulations carry the Organic label and may also display the USDA Organic seal.
Please note: The CDA is currently not accepting any new applications for organic certification.  There are many private certification agencies that are currently providing organic certification in Colorado.  To locate other accredited organic certifiers you can use the USDA Organic Certifier Locator tool on the USDA website.
Waiting list: The Colorado Department of Agriculture's Organic Certification program is anticipating accepting applications for organic certification during 2020. If you would like, sign up for our waiting list and be notified when we start accepting new applications. Please click on the Organic Certification Interest Form button below. Submitting the form is not an acceptance or guarantee of organic certification by the CDA.

Colorado Industrial Hemp Forms and Reports Colorado Industrial Hemp General Information Colorado Industrial Hemp Laws and Rules Colorado Industrial Hemp Laws and Rules Colorado Industrial Hemp Laws and Rules

To complete the Organic Certification Interest Form, download and save the blank PDF to a location on your computer like the Download directory or your Desktop. Then open the PDF document with Adobe Acrobat DC Reader, fill out the form, and save your changes. When complete, email the document as an attachment to ( the Organic Program.

USDA Organic Cost Share Program is being operated by the USDA Farm Service Agency. The USDA Cost Share Program has information about the program.
Complaints against certified and non-certified parties should be forwarded to the Compliance Office at the National Organic Program.

Contact the Organic Program