Information for Pesticide Registrants
Colorado requires registration of all Pesticide Products before distribution in Colorado.
Included products are:
- EPA-registered pesticides
- 25(b) minimum risk pesticides exempted by EPA
- Any device that has or should have an EPA establishment number
Registrations are on a calendar-year basis.
All pesticide product registrations expire on December 31st for the year registration was granted.
EFFECTIVE OCTOBER 30TH, 2019, COLORADO'S PESTICIDE REGISTRATION APPLICATION FEE IS $205.OO PER PRODUCT.
Applications for new product registration must be downloaded, filled in, printed, and signed. As a result of the recent emergence of the COVID-19 virus in Colorado, all Colorado Department of Agriculture state employees are being strongly encouraged to telework from home. In order to ensure the Department can continue to provide necessary services and process new pesticide registration applications uninterrupted, we will accept credit card or e-Check payments and all new registration applications must be submitted via email.
- A separate application package is required for each product.
- Multiple products can be sent with one email and one credit card/e-check payment form.
- Initial application processing usually takes about three to six weeks from receipt until we either register the product or notify the applicant of lack of compliance.
- Please read the downloadable instructions for complete information before completing the application form.
- A new registration application cannot be done online at this time.
All registrations expire on December 31 of each year. Renewals may be processed online through the Colorado Department of Agriculture web application Ag License. Payments can be made by credit card or by e-check. In most cases, products will be renewed once payment is accepted. If you need to pay with a physical check, a renewal form is required for submission. Please contact CDA_pestreg@state.co.us or call 303-869-9061 and we will send you your renewal form.
Revised labels: All revised labels are required to be submitted to CDA prior to distribution. Revised labels may be submitted by email to CDA_pestreg@state.co.us or, for ALSTAR subscribers, via ALSTAR. Small hard-copy labels (1 to 6 pages) that will scan legibly may still be mailed in.
- More information for ALSTAR
Discontinued/Cancelled products: Colorado does not have a "discontinued" status or requirement for pesticide products. Product registrations in Colorado need to be maintained as long as the registrant supports sales by retailers.
Changes in registrant information: Please keep us updated with any change of registrant information.
- CONTACT INFORMATION or ADDRESS CHANGES require submission of a change of information form. This can be submitted via email attachment to CDA_pestreg@state.co.us or mailed in.
What defines a product requiring a separate registration? According to the rules of the Colorado Pesticide Act, for more than one pesticide product to be considered the same pesticide product, each pesticide product must exhibit the same:
- Product name
- Registrant name
- Manufacturer name
- EPA registration number (for products registered by EPA)
Please note that if the registrant or manufacturer name displayed on the label changes this becomes a new product that requires a new registration application.
Kits/Co-Packs: When two pesticide products are being sold packaged together or when a pesticide or device is sold packaged together with a non-pesticide, the final product is often distributed under a different product name and/or with additional label claims. In these cases, Colorado would consider the kit or co-pack to be a different product requiring its own separate registration.