Schedule a Calibration Service
Before sending any work to the Colorado Metrology Laboratory, you must first call to make your initial request for calibration. All work will be scheduled as soon as possible after the initial request, depending on the current lab workload. If there are questions about your request, one of our metrologists will contact you for clarification.
After the lab has determined the amount of time it will need to process your request, you will be contacted and provided a calibration date. If you need to ship any items to the lab, please make sure they arrive prior to your scheduled calibration date.
If there are any specific requirements, such as:
- Artifacts are sent to lab by one company, but the certificate is to be issued to another company
- Certificate is to be sent to one address, but the invoice sent to another address
These instructions need to be included with the artifacts when they arrive at the lab.
For large mass (50 lb - 5,000 lb & weight carts)
- Deliveries and pickups are limited to Fridays only, unless pre-approved by a lab metrologist.
- Standards must be delivered on an open-bed truck or a truck with a lift-gate. An overhead hoist is available.
- Truck maximum length is 45 feet (including the cab) due to limited street access.
Any deviation from the above guidelines will result in the shipment being refused and sent back to the customer.