Forms & Downloads
Complete the following steps for Anhydrous Ammonia registration in Colorado:
1. Site Approval
Your site must first be approved for anhydrous ammonia. Contact your local jurisdiction having authority and obtain written approval of your site. Your local jurisdiction can be your:
- City Government
- County Government
- Municipality or
- Fire District
On an 8.5 x 11 standard piece of paper, draw the proposed site. Include:
- All adjacent property lines
- Main railroad lines
- Dedicated road right-of-ways
- Dug wells or potable water supplies
- Occupied buildings
- Places of public assembly and
- Institution occupancy (such as schools, nursing homes, hospitals, etc.)
Written Site Approval from the Colorado Department of Agriculture must be obtained before installation of an Anhydrous Ammonia facility can begin. The facility must have a final inspection by the Department prior to being filled, charged or operated. Please contact Mark Gallegos to register a new facility.
2. Site Registration
- The annual registration period is January 1 - December 31.
- The bulk tank registration fee is $50.00 per tank. A late penalty fee of $50.00 per tank will be assessed on all renewals postmarked after the due date.
- The nurse/applicator tank fee is $5.00 per tank. A late penalty fee of $5.00 per tank will be assessed on all renewals postmarked after the due date.
- Registrations must be renewed annually.
3. Tank Status Change
To change the status of an existing tank outside the regular renewal period, 11/15 - 12/31, please complete the following form and mail to the AA program at ICS, address can be found here, or to Marka.Gallegos@state.co.us.