New Brand Inspector Information
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must have a current valid driver's license
- For most job announcements, must be a resident of the state of Colorado.
- Must be able to verify at least 2 years experience working with livestock (cattle, horses) in a variety of settings such as sale barns, drives, round-ups, sorting, and penning including experience with such livestock handling skills as reading brands, herding, sorting, penning, roping, branding and clipping.
In addition to the minimum requirements, the preferred candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Brand reading
- Good math skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Basic computer and cell phone usage skills
You may complete a job interest card on the Colorado State Employment website. Click on the "job interest cards" tab, then select the "Agriculture" category and complete the job interest card at the bottom. By doing so you will ensure that you receive notice of openings in the Brand Inspection Division and the Colorado Department of Agriculture when they occur.
A job announcement posted will be for a specific district and position only. The person selected for that position will be required to live in the areas outlined in the announcement. Please do not apply for the position if you are not willing to relocate to the specific areas outlined in each announcement.
For questions, please contact the Brand Office at (303) 869-9160.