The State Board of Stock Inspection Commissioners has the authority to determine the assessment amount to be collected on each recorded brand every five years.
The last assessment covered the period January 1, 2012 through December 31, 2016. A new assessment period will begin on January 1, 2017 and will cover the period January 1, 2017 through December 31, 2021. Please see the details below.
2017 Brand Assessment
All current brands as of December 31, 2016, will be due for the next brand assessment starting on January 1, 2017.
Brand assessment notices will be mailed to all current brand owners in January of 2017. We cannot accept payment of the January 1, 2017 assessment fee before that day. So please do not send payment before January 1, 2017.
- Assessment period is January 1, 2017 through December 31, 2021.
- Brand assessment amount is $300.00 per brand. Partial payments will not be accepted.
- Brands must be paid by June 30, 2017 to be included in the 2017 brand book.
- Postmarks will not be honored. Please mail payment at least 15 days prior to due date to help ensure timely receipt.
- Late fees will apply for any assessment payment not received in the office by June 30, 2017.
- Late fees will be assessed according to the following schedule.
- $25.00 late fee per brand for payment received July 1, 2017 to December 31, 2017.
- $50.00 late fee per brand for payment received January 1, 2018 to December 31, 2018.
- $75.00 late fee per brand for payment received January 1, 2019 to December 31, 2019.
- $100.00 late fee per brand for payment received January 1, 2020 to June 30, 2020.
- Brand will be cancelled if full payment is not received in the office by June 30, 2020.
2012 Brand Assessment
The assessment fee was due on all Colorado brands on January 1, 2012. The 2012 assessment fee was $275.00 per brand and paid the brand through December 31, 2016. Any brand not paid by June 30, 2012, was not included in the 2012 brand book, and any brand that was not paid in full by June 30, 2015, was cancelled. Any cancelled brand that is reinstated shall be charged the applicable late fee in addition to the previous assessment fees due at the time of reinstatement. All cancelled brands must first be researched to determine if the brand can be reinstated. A $200.00 reinstatement research fee will be due to begin the process, and this fee is non-refundable.