The Brand Inspection Division is assigned five principal regulatory responsibilities:
- Record and administer livestock brands
- Inspect livestock and verify ownership before sale; transportation beyond 75 miles; transportation out of state; or before slaughter
- Inspect and license livestock markets, and inspect all consignments before sale to verify ownership
- License and inspect alternative livestock (elk and fallow deer) and alternative livestock facilities
- Prevent and return strayed or stolen livestock and investigate reports of lost or stolen livestock
Please contact us with any questions, comments or concerns.
See a video about the history of the Brand Inspection Division.