Electronic Interstate Certificates of Veterinary Inspection (CVI)
Digital technology continues to develop every day and helps us with multiple aspects of our daily lives. More options are available than ever before to help veterinarians increase accuracy and increase convenience with CVI. No more stamps and trips to the post office, and in some cases automatic submission to the State Veterinarian's office are a few of the benefits of electronic options for CVI that utilize equipment you already have (Smartphones, tablets, computers). Below are some of the options that are available to accredited veterinarians in Colorado.
How do I get started? -Check out the options listed below and see which one works best for you. There are options for any situation, with or without internet access. Need a mobile app for your device? Check out the mCVI. Do you create most of your CVI right from your practice computer? Maybe the eCVI is the solution for you.
What equipment do I need? -Most of the time there is a solution will work with the equipment you have. Web based solutions can work on any device that can surf the internet (Like GVL, VSPS, smartICVI). Don't have a smartphone or tablet? You can use the office computer to generate CVI with our fillable pdf the eCVI. Want to use your iPhone, iPad or Android smartphone or tablet? The mCVI is a convenient cross-platform app that works on these devices and automatically submits the CVI to our office. If you don't have cell coverage at the farm or ranch, no problem. The app will send the document once it is connected to the internet again.
Why should I use electronic CVI? -Electronic CVI are faster to fill out after a short learning period and take away mistakes made from handwriting. They are more cost effective to get to our office as you don't need to send a copy through the Postal Service or pay for the paper books of CVI. They reduce compliance errors as it is impossible to submit a partially filled out CVI through these options. They are also able to add any number of animals in groups or with individual IDs so that you won't need to write multiple CVI for a single animal movement.
Here Are Your Colorado-Approved Choices:
- Free "app" that works on any Android or Apple device
- Creates CVIs locally on the device with or without Internet or cellular service
- Certificates can be emailed to the client, to the office, or printed off with the use of a compatible Bluetooth printer
- Import clients from the contacts stored on the device
- Allows the import of official animal IDs and other data from a spreadsheet (click here for the template)
- Automatically submits the certificate to the State Veterinarian's office as soon as it is returned to internet coverage
- IIAD Resource Page with Quick Start Guides and Instructional Videos
Colorado eCVI Fillable PDF Form
- Free fillable PDF form that can be stored on your computer and accessed without Internet access
- Only requires Adobe Reader (free) and takes little effort to get started
- Great for use in a veterinary clinic
- Easy to see when the form is completed, just complete the red boxes and you are done
- Needs to be emailed to the State Veterinarian's office within 7 days of the inspection date
Download the fillable veterinarian agreement, fill it out and return it to our office to get started.
Veterinary Services Process Streamlining (VSPS):
- Free web based CVI option developed and administered by USDA/APHIS
- Approved for use in all States
- Requires Level 2 eAuthentication with USDA. eAuthentication is a registration process that enables users to securely access USDA Web applications and services via the Internet
- The steps for creating a Level 2 eAuthentication account may be found by clicking here
- Also offers an online EIA (Coggins) submission form
For more information on VSPS, check out the website: https://vsapps.aphis.usda.gov/vsps/
GlobalVetLINK, LLC (GVL®):
The HealthLINK eCVI System includes some of the following benefits:
- Fast, easy eCVI creation and submission for all species
- Instant eCVI delivery to animal owners through MyVetLINK.com
- Easy-to-read standardized certificate layout
- Precise identification including digital photos and brand images
- Approved for use in all 50 States
- USDA approved digital signature technology
- Mobile capability
FAQ’s located within the "Resource Center" at the top of GVL’s website.
Sales contact: 515-817-5703
Technical support available: 515-817-5704
New Planet Technologies SmartICVI:
SmartICVI features include:
- Full web-based AND Android and Apple smart device enabled technology that allows for fast and secure creation of eCVIs.
- Coordinate directly with clients and front office admin to complete eCVI data.
- Fast data entry using .CSV files and a proprietary “Memorize” feature that auto-fills shipper, receiver, transporter and veterinarian information
- Completed ICVI's electronically submitted to State Animal Health offices, with email notification to all stakeholders
- eCVIs are saved electronically for traceability and archival compliance
Sales Contact: (888) 633-4030 or (720) 837-4278 mobile
Technical support: email@example.com
Help Center available 24x7