Regulatory Resource Center
- Code of Federal Regulations, Title 42 Public Health
- Colorado Medicaid State Plan
- Child Health Plan Plus State Program Information
- Child Health Plan Plus State Plan
Managed Care Compliance and Reporting
Mental Health Parity
The Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act of 2008 (MHPAEA) requires that Health First Colorado (Colorado’s Medicaid Program) members are offered behavioral health benefits equal to their medical/surgical benefits. MHPAEA applies to members covered by Medicaid Managed Care Organizations (MCOs), the Alternative Benefit Plan (ABP), and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), known as Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+) in Colorado. While this rule applies to members being served through a Medicaid MCO, roughly 133,000 members in the state of Colorado, the state wants to ensure all Medicaid members have similar access to behavioral health and physical health benefits. A summary of Colorado’s analysis, conducted by the Department, is found below.
Stakeholder, provider and member feedback and questions regarding the analysis report can be submitted using the form below. Note: Please do not include Protected Health Information such as your birth date, Health First Colorado (Colorado’s Medicaid Program) ID, Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+) ID, social security number or personal medical information in the form below. For more information on what is Protected Health Information, see our page on the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Stakeholder Engagement Protocols
- Code of Colorado Regulation (10 CCR 2505)
- Regulatory Agenda
- Regulatory Efficiency Review
- Department Program Rules and Regulations
- The Medical Services Board promulgates the rules that govern the Department's programs.
- The Executive Director of the Department of Health Care Policy and Financing promulgates the rules that govern the administration of the Department.