Quality and Health Improvement Reports
Medicaid Quality Strategy
Requirements as outlined under Code of Federal Regulation 42 CFR 438.200 - 204 delineate State responsibilities for adoption of a Quality Strategy. 42 CFR 438.202(a) states that States will have a written strategy for assessing and improving the quality of managed care services offered by all Managed Care Organizations (MCOs) and Prepaid Inpatient Health Plans (PIHPs).
The State of Colorado Quality Strategy was adopted after commentary was obtained from stakeholders and the public.
- Colorado Cross-Agency Collaborative: Quarterly reports on health measures extracted from Colorado state agencies databases
- HEDIS: Standardized performance measures designed to ensure that purchasers and consumers have the information they need to reliably compare the performance of managed health care plans.
- Client Satisfaction Surveys (CAHPS): Standardized surveys that ask consumers and patients to report on and evaluate their experiences with health care.
- Studies: Focused Studies identify opportunities and meaningful interventions that will promote quality care. Interventions developed based on recommendations from the Focused Studies.
- Performance Measure and Encounter Data Validation: Behavioral Health Organization Performance Measure Validation are annual validation activities outlined in the CMS protocol. Encounter Data Validation evaluates the accuracy and completion of administrative encounters for behavioral health services.
- BHO Quality Plans & Annual Evaluations: Health Care Policy and Financing (the Department) requires Behavioral Health Organizations (BHOs) to complete and submit annually a Quality Improvement Plan and Annual Quality Report. These reports note findings and opportunities for improvement and list techniques used the BHOs to improve performance.
- Annual Technical Reports: Annual Technical Reports and Legislative Reports on Status of Pediatric Health Care Quality Performance Measures
- Site Reviews/Audits: Site Reviews are performed on-site at the MCO/PIHP health care delivery system sites to assess the physical resources and operational practices in place to deliver health care.
- Experience of Care and Health Outcomes (ECHO) Surveys: Satisfaction surveys for clients who have recieved behavioral Health care services.
- Quality Health Improvement Project - Improving Access to Key Services for At-Risk Children and Families.
- BHO 411 Audits: Encounter Data Validation
- Quality and Health Improvement 2016 Data Report
- Performance Improvement Projects (PIPs): Improvement projects completed by the Department’s contracted health plans
Starting in 2015 some online reports include an Accessible format that list just the Executive Summary. Non-Accessible reports including all content can be requested by contacting the Department’s Quality and Health Improvement Unit.