Pharmacy Info & FAQs
- Pharmacy Resources - Preferred Drug List, Appendix P, pre-authorizations, and other forms.
- Pharmacy FAQs for Members
Coordination of Benefits (COB) Manager
- COB Manager implemented April 2013
- The tool will ensure that commercial coverage pays first when a Medicaid client also has commercial pharmacy coverage.
- HMS, a vendor of the Department, will receive pharmacy claims on a daily basis and will search its eligibility database to see if there is other coverage.
- If there is other coverage, HMS will submit the claim to the commercial PBM as if the claim came from the pharmacy.
- If the claim is successfully adjudicated, an adjustment is sent to the Department in the form of a “re-bill” claim showing the amount paid by the commercial PBM.
- Providers can search for activity or download transactions affected by COB Manager through a secured HMS web portal “eCenter.”
- You may contact HMS for access or for information regarding eCenter by calling 855-438-6420.
- HMS staff will provide you the necessary information to log into the eCenter Web portal.
- Please see the links below for further information regarding COB Manager.
- HMS secured web portal: https://ecenter.hmsy.com
- HMS Provider Relations: 855-438-6420