How to Report Suspected Fraud
Reporting Suspected Medicaid Provider Fraud
When reporting a situation that you believe may involve fraud, please include the following information:
- Name of person you suspect may be committing fraud, waste or abuse.
- Address and/or telephone number of that person, if you have it.
- Why you think that person is involved in fraud, waste or abuse.
- Your name, phone number and email address. You can submit a report without giving your name; however, this may prevent a comprehensive review of the report. We encourage you to provide information on how to contact you for additional information. You may also mail additional information to the address below.
This form can help you make your report. You may report fraud, waste or abuse without using the form, if you prefer. If you use the form, please send it to us by email, fax or mail.
To report provider fraud in Colorado, you may contact us using one of the options below:
- Call us toll free at 855-375-2500
- Send an email to ReportProviderFraud@hcpf.state.co.us
- Send a fax to 303-866-4411, or
- Mail information to:
Department of Health Care Policy and Financing
Attn: Program Integrity Section
1570 Grant Street
Denver, Colorado 80213
Reporting Suspected Medicaid Beneficiary (Member) Fraud
Fraud includes making a false statement or misrepresenting information to get something that benefits oneself or someone else. Learn more about fraud.
If you have information on potential fraud committed by Medicaid members, please contact the county office of the Colorado Department of Human Services for the county where the member's benefits were authorized. The local District Attorney’s Office prosecutes Medicaid members who practice fraud.